- Never pour fats or cooking oils down drains. They solidify in pipes. Instead, wipe grease from pots with paper towels and throw them into the trash.
- Unclog your drain using 3 household items – water, white vinegar, and baking soda.
HERE ARE SOME OTHER HELPFUL TIPS…
- Avoid putting stringy, fibrous or starch waste in the garbage disposal.
- Make sure disposal is running when you put food into it. Don’t wait until it’s full to turn it on.
- For homes hosting weekend guests, wait 15 minutes between showers so slow drains have time to do their job.
- Never flush cotton balls, swabs, hair or facial scrub pads or baby wipes down the toilet. They don’t dissolve and will cause clogs.